Friday 21 March 2014

World Poetry Day 2014

Happy World Poetry Day!

Image credit: Click


So, what is there to celebrate? What is the point of poetry?

For me it is about expressing and sharing thoughts, feelings, sensations. With the sharing of these, I find more than a buzz of a job well (or otherwise) done. It helps me to connect with the world and the people who live in it

There is more, it's nice to share but for me it's about owning my world too. It's also about choosing the language I choose to express myself it, too. Which language do you use to tell your story?

The UN have a beautiful description on their website here of world poetry day

Have you spoken your part, yet?

__________________________________________________________
Image sourced from www.morguefile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment