Thursday 20 March 2014

Spring equinox 2014 - Mindfully

Today is the astronomical vernal equinox. The hours of day and night are perfectly balanced, half and half. For some people, the early spring is the time that they clear out the clutter and assess what they want from the coming year. The question being, is my life fully balanced? So I have time for everything in my life? What do I want to do this coming year? How will I know what it when I see it?

Image credit: P Dell

The answer of course, is to pay attention. Look at the flowers, and smell the earth beneath them defrost and come to life. Yes, I know that there has been all sort of movement and growth beneath the surface, but today I want to see it. And the only way to do that is to be mindful.

Sometimes, the only way to do that is by "doing" mindfulness, such as taking or making a picture. Having an end goal in sight sometimes helps me to focus, gives me a reason to pay attention. An excellent blog post to look at is Mindfully Drawing, from Paula Kuitenbrower: Mindfully drawing for beginners

And for the Irish speakers out there, Feicfidh mé na Bláthanna an Earraigh (I will see the spring flowers)
__________________________________________________________
Image sourced from www.morguefile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment