Tuesday 14 May 2013

Drawing a straight line .... Failure. Who cares?

OK, overwhelmed by an excess of enthusiasm, red wine and sunshine I actually drew some stuff. Yes, it has taken me a whole blasted week of being here in Italy to work up the courage to break out my pencil. But what exactly was I waiting for? Permission?

So I found a nice little place, a shady spot in the Giardino di Boboli and I just did it. I had to do a few, because to be quite honest the first was childish, awful with no respect for perspective.

Image credit: Wallyir
But you know what? The sun was shining, and I was in Florence and I probably will never get back here again. And it felt so nice just generally draweing, and shading and looking. I felt like I really connected...

... and no one could see what I was drawing so they don't know how naive the style was (yes I am going with that rather than with could not be bothered to spend more than 10 minutes at a time doing stuff)

But you know what? I really enjoyed it. The question is .... why have I waited so long to do this, simply for fun? What are you not allowing yourself to do, simply because you will not allow yourself to be rubbish... naive.... a beginner....?
_________________________
image sourced from morguefile

No comments:

Post a Comment