Sunday 9 February 2014

The year of the Horse

Happy new year!

So now we are entering the year of the horse, quite an important animal for many cultures

Enter the Dragon into Chatham high street
Image credit: SM Jenkin


The new year parade in Chatham high street was very well attended, and there was quite a lot of noise, movement and energy from the parade.

This is something that I associate with the horse. Energy, power, the need to explore and travel. This can be on an internal/mental/spiritual as well as an external/physical journey. Quite an interesting image for someone to work with, especially at the beginning of Spring.

The question is, what do you want to do with your year? Are you sure of where you are going?

For me, my direction is leading to the St Patrick's parade. It is, and has been an all consuming passion for me over the last year. The Chinese new year has provided the template for our event, so I'm very conscious of what I can learn from attending. I am also very aware that it's coming up to four weeks before our own parade. Where has the time gone?

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a chinese new year parade... all the best for your StPatrick celebrations! I want to get another novel out this year - that's what I'm putting my energies into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Freya! Best of luck to you. I've read the excerpt but can't post a comment, for some reason! I just wanted to say, what an atmospheric start! I love the imagery, but also the little details that make the whole thing feel real. Not wanting another cold dinner, the worry about colic. Excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete