Wednesday 27 February 2013

Redemption convention 2013

One for the Blake's 7 fans
Image credit: SM Jenkin
 So, it's been and gone in a blur of costumes, conversations and chaos. What am I talking about? The Redemption convention, of course!

This is one of the things I love most about fandom, the ability to meet up and have fun. Oh yeah, I could wax lyrical about how clever we all are, writing critiques of varius sci-fi ideas and shows; the science talks; the clever costuming. I could brag about how inclusive the event is, family friendly and open to all lifestyles.

But ya know what? I went to a few parties, played air guitar and took my bribe for Servalan to win ruler of the universe as well.

You want to get involved? Volunteer. Oh, and the convention raised £800 each for Asthma UK, the PDSA and the Woodland Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment